07 September, 2009

xna and netplay

As I have said before, I have started to implement network/internet support in Platform Jumper Party. This is how far i have gotten so far:
  • Lobby where local players sign in
  • You can choose to play local, by system link or over Xbox LIVE
  • If you choose system link or Xbox LIVE you will be able to choose to host a game session or to join one
  • When players have contacted each other you will see a screen where you can see which players are in your session.
  • On this screen you choose your character and what map you want to play.
This is how far i have gotten today. Tomorrow I will start making a few more features:
  • Choose from maps you have created yourself
  • Transfer maps to people who doesn't have them
  • Be able to start a match
As always it's so easy working with XNA because so much is done for you. Like with network play, I don't have to check who's joining or leaving, I don't need to transfer player data like their names. It's all done for me. especially if you use the rest of the Xbox gamer services.

No comments:

Post a Comment